With the NFL in full swing and the NWSL playoffs underway, there was a lot of high-profile action this week.
National Football League:
- Arizona Cardinals Linebacker Isaiah Simmons registered 5 tackles and hauled in his first career Pick 6! Simmons’ defensive teammates Budda Baker and Byron Murphy Jr. also each made 5 tackles the Cardinals’ 42-34 victory over the New Orleans Saints.
- Last Monday, Los Angeles Chargers Linebacker Drue Tranquill made 7 tackles, including these two sacks (Sack #1 & Sack #2). Fellow Chargers Linebacker Derrek Tuszka was also collared-up and made 2 tackles in the Chargers 19-16 overtime victory over the Denver Broncos. In yesterday's game, a 37-23 loss to the Seattle Seahawks, Linebacker Drue Tranquill made 7 tackles.
- Seattle Seahawks Tight End Colby Parkinson made 1 catch for 28 yards.
- Dallas Cowboys Running Back Tony Pollard rushed for 83 yards on 12 attempts, including this 28-yard carry, in the Cowboys’ 24-6 win over the Detroit Lions.
- Green Bay Packers Safety Adrian Amos made 10 tackles in the Packers’ 23-21 loss to the Washington Commanders. On the other side, Commanders Running Back J.D. McKissic rushed for 4 yards on his only attempt and Linebacker Casey Toohill made one tackle.
- Carolina Panthers Linebacker Shaq Thompson logged 7 tackles in the Panthers’ 21-3 victory over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- Tulane University Quarterback Michael Pratt completed 20 passes on 29 attempts for 158 yards and a touchdown. Pratt also rushed for 19 yards on 9 attempts and a touchdown in the Green Wave’s 38-28 win over the University of Memphis.
- University of South Carolina Wide Receiver Xavier Legette had an incredible 100-yard Kickoff Return for a Touchdown in the Gamecocks 30-24 victory over Texas A&M University.
- Southern Methodist University Defensive Linemen Stephon Wright and Je’lin Samuels logged 5 tackles and 1 tackle respectively in the Mustangs’ 29-27 loss to the University of Cincinnati.
- Boston College Wide Receiver Jaelen Gill caught 2 passes for 27 yards in the Eagles’ 43-15 loss to Wake Forest University. Gill’s teammate, Linebacker Vinny DePalma made 7 tackles, including a sack.
- Portland Thorns Midfielder Raquel Rodriguez sniped a goal in the Thorns’ 2-1 victory over the San Diego Wave. Defender Meghan Klingenberg also started and played all 90 minutes of the match. The Thorns now play Saturday, October 29th in the NWSL Championship Match against the Kansas City Current. Be sure to tune in!
- F. Monterrey Goalkeeper Godinez had a shutout in Monterrey’s 1-0 victory over C.F. Guadalajara.
- University of Maryland Defender William Kulvik scored the lone goal in the Terps’ 1-0 victory over Michigan State University. Defender Christopher Rindov anchored the Terps’ defense, holding the Spartans to no shots on goal.
- University of Massachusetts Defenseman Elliott McDermott was collared up in the Minutemen’s 7-1 and 7-0 victories over Union College.
Want to be featured in an upcoming week? Send us a highlight or picture with your name and team via social DM or at firstname.lastname@example.org to be included in future reviews