This week, with the kickoff of the 2023 NFL season, there was a lot of opportunity to spot athletes wearing the Q-Collar. Check out some of their highlights below:
- Dallas Cowboys Running Back Tony Pollard rushed for 70 yards and 2 touchdowns (#1 & #2) in the Cowboys’ 40-0 victory over the New York Giants.
- On the other side, New York Giants Linebacker Isaiah Simmons recorded 1 tackle in the loss.
- Arizona Cardinals Defensive Lineman Cameron Thomas recovered a fumble for a touchdown and logged a tackle in the Cardinals’ 20-16 loss to the Washington Commanders. Thomas’ teammate, Safety Budda Baker, made 5 tackles in the loss while Greg Dortch, returned 4 punts for 24 yards.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers Safety Antoine Winfield Jr. logged 8 tackles, 2 QB hits, plus a sack, forced fumble and recovered fumble all on the same play in the Buccaneers’ 20-17 victory over the Minnesota Vikings.
- For the Minnesota Vikings Cornerback Akayleb Evans recorded 5 tackles while fellow Cornerback Byron Murphy Jr., recorded 6 tackles in the loss.
- Carolina Panthers Linebacker Shaq Thompson recorded 5 tackles in the Panthers’ 24-10 loss to the Atlanta Falcons. Linebacker Justin Houston, made 2 tackles, including a tackle-for-loss as well.
- Chicago Bears Running Back Khalil Herbert rushed for 27 yards on 9 attempts in the Bears’ 38-20 loss to the Green Bay Packers.
- Houston Texans Tight End Dalton Schultz caught 2 passes for 4 yards in the Texans’ 25-9 loss to the Baltimore Ravens.
- Kansas City Chiefs Linebacker Drue Tranquill made 2 tackles in the Chiefs’ 21-20 loss to the Detroit Lions.
- Seattle Seahawks Tight End Colby Parkinson made 1 catch for 8 yards in the Seahawks’ 30-13 loss to the Los Angeles Rams.
- Los Angeles Chargers Wide Receiver Joshua Palmer made 1 catch for 4 yards in the Chargers’ 36-34 loss to the Miami Dolphins.
- Philadelphia Eagles Running Back Boston Scott rushed for 3 yards on 1 attempt in the Eagles’ 25-20 victory over the New England Patriots.
- Michigan State University Running Back Nathan Carter rushed for 111 yards and 3 touchdowns (#1, #2, #3) on 19 attempts in the Spartans’ 45-14 victory over the University of Richmond.
- Washington State University Defensive End Ron Stone Jr. logged 4 tackles, 2 of those being sacks. This one that forced a fumble that was returned for a touchdown, in the Cougars’ 31-22 victory over the University of Wisconsin. Stone Jr’s teammate, Safety Jaden Hicks, logged 9 tackles including a tackle-for-loss.
- For the University of Wisconsin, Running Back Braelon Allen rushed for 20 yards on 7 attempts in the loss.
- University of Nebraska Linebacker Luke Reimer made 5 tackles and logged 1.5 sacks, including this solo sack, in the Cornhuskers’ 36-14 loss to the University of Colorado.
- Boston College Linebacker Vinny DePalma made 9 tackles, including 1 tackle-for-loss, and recovered a fumble in the Eagles’ 31-28 victory over Holy Cross University.
- Vanderbilt University Tight End Justin Ball caught 4 passes for 17 yards in the Commodores’ 36-20 loss to Wake Forest University.
- Clemson University Safety R.J. Mickens made 1 tackle in the Tigers’ 68-17 victory over Charleston Southern University.
- University of Wyoming Tight End Treyton Welch caught one pass for 3 yards in the Cowboys’ 31-17 victory over Portland State University.
- Waterdogs Attackman Michael Sowers netted a hat-trick (#1, #2, #3) and logged 3 assists, including this no-look feed, in the Waterdogs’ 17-6 semifinal victory over the Cannons.
- Cannons Attackman Marcus Holman scored a goal in the loss.
- Redwoods Attackman Rob Pannell scored a one-point goal and a two-point goal in the Redwoods’ 14-6 semifinal loss to the Archers.
- San Jose Earthquakes Striker Jeremy Ebobisse started and played 83 minutes of the Earthquakes’ 0-0 draw against D.C. United.
- New England Revolution Defender Omar Gonzalez started and played all 90 minutes of the Revolution’s 1-1 draw against Minnesota United FC.
NCAA Women’s Soccer:
- Marquette University Goalkeeper Mikki Easter made 7 total saves across the two games she appeared in, a 1-0 victory over University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and a 1-0 loss to the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- University of Louisville Defender Autumn Weeks started and played all 90 minutes of both of the Cardinals’ matches this week, a 2-0 to the University of Indiana and a 2-2 draw against the University of Wyoming.
- Butler University Midfielder Becky Dean subbed-in and contributed to the Bulldogs’ offensive and defensive efforts in both of their matches this week, a 2-2 draw against the University of Cincinnati and a 2-1 victory over Texas Christian University.
- Durham Bulls (Tampa Bay Rays AAA affiliate) Catcher Logan Driscoll went 3 for 16 with a two-run home run, an RBI single and 3 runs scored across the five games he appeared in, all against the Charlotte Knights (Chicago White Sox AAA affiliate). Driscoll also showed off his defensive skills, catching his sixth runner stealing in ten attempts since being called-up to the Durham Bulls.
Want to be featured in an upcoming week? Send us a highlight or picture with your name and team via social DM or at email@example.com to be included in future reviews!