This week, as college football kicked off and the PLL playoffs began, athletes wearing the Q-Collar shined. Check out some of their highlights below:
- Tulane University Quarterback Michael Pratt completed 14 of 15 passed for 294 yards and 4 touchdowns (#1, #2, #3, #4) in the Green Wave’s 37-17 victory over the University of South Alabama. With his fourth touchdown pass of the night, Pratt tied Tulane University's career passing touchdown record. For his performance, Pratt was named American Athletic Conference Offensive Player of the Week as well as Senior Bowl Offensive Player of the Week.
- University of Wisconsin Running Back Braelon Allen rushed for 141 yards and 2 touchdowns (#1 & #2) on 17 attempts in the Badgers’ 38-17 victory over the University of Buffalo.
- Washington State University Defensive Back Jaden Hicks scored off of a pick-six, logged a half-sack and a half-tackle for loss, notched 2 pass breakups, and recorded 7 tackles in the Cougars’ 50-24 victory over Colorado State University.
- University of Toledo Safety Maxen Hook made 4 tackles and intercepted a pass in the Rockets’ 28-30 loss to the University of Illinois.
- Boston College Linebacker Vinny DePalma logged a team-high 12 tackles in the Eagles’ 27-24 loss to Northern Illinois University.
- University of Wyoming Tight End Treyton Welch caught 3 passes for 31 yards, and made critical blocks, including setting the edge for this touchdown run in the Cowboys’ 35-33 overtime victory over Texas Tech University.
- Clemson University Safety R.J. Mickens made 3 tackles and logged 1 pass breakup in the Tigers’ 28-7 loss to Duke University.
- Vanderbilt University Tight End Justin Ball caught 1 pass for 27 yards in the Commodores’ 47-13 victory over Alabama A&M University.
- Western Kentucky University Running Back Elijah Young rushed for 10 yards on 3 attempts in the Hilltoppers’ 41-24 victory over the University of South Florida.
- Auburn University Linebacker Wesley Steiner made 1 tackle in the Tigers’ 59-14 victory over the University of Massachusetts-Amherst.
- East Carolina University Safety Teagan Wilk made 1 tackle and logged 1 pass breakup in the Pirates’ 30-3 loss to the University of Michigan.
Premier Lacrosse League:
- Waterdogs Attackman Michael Sowers netted 5 goals, including this diving finish and this top-corner snipe, in the Waterdogs’ 15-12 quarterfinal win over the Whipsnakes. Sowers also logged two assists, including this set-up in front of the net, in the win.
- Redwoods Midfielder Jules Heningburg scored 2 goals (#1 & #2) and notched an assist in their 15-9 quarterfinal victory over the Chaos. Heningburg’s teammate, Attackman Rob Pannell, logged 3 assists including this feed through traffic and this set-up from behind the net, in the win.
- On the other side, Chaos Defenseman Jack Rowlett caused 1 turnover and recovered 2 ground balls in the loss. Rowlett’s teammate, fellow Defenseman Will Bowen, recovered 1 ground ball.
- Cannons Attackman Marcus Holman scored a goal and logged 2 assists in the Cannons’ 20-11 quarterfinal victory over the Atlas.
- San Jose Earthquakes Striker Jeremy Ebobisse started and played 175 of 180 minutes across the Earthquakes two matches, a 3-2 loss to the LA Galaxy and a 1-1 draw against Minnesota United FC. Against the LA Galaxy, Ebobisse scored a goal.
- New England Revolution Defender Omar Gonzalez started and played all 90 minutes of both Revs’ matches, a 1-0 victory over the New York Red Bulls and a 2-2 draw against Austin FC.
- Portland Thorns FC Defenders Meghan Klingenberg and Emily Menges, as well as Midfielder Raquel Rodriguez, all started in the Thorns’ 2-1 loss to Racing Louisville FC. Menges played all 90 minutes of the match.
- OL Reign Midfielder Quinn stated and contributed to both OL Reign’s offensive and defensive efforts in their 1-0 victory over the Orlando Pride.
- Marquette University Goalkeeper Mikki Eastern made 2 saves in the Golden Eagles’ 3-0 loss to the University of Illinois-Chicago.
- Butler University Midfielder Becky Dean logged an assist and contributed to the Bulldogs’ offensive and defensive efforts in their two matches this week, a 3-0 victory over IUPUI and a 2-0 loss to Baylor University.
- Durham Bulls (Tampa Bay Rays AAA Affiliate) Catcher Logan Driscoll went 2 for 12 with an RBI single and 2 runs scored across the five games he appeared in, all against the Nashville Sounds (Milwaukee Brewers AAA Affiliate).
Want to be featured in an upcoming week? Send us a highlight or picture with your name and team via social DM or at email@example.com to be included in future reviews!