This week was another action-packed week for athletes wearing the Q-Collar. Check out their highlights below:
NCAA Men’s Lacrosse:
- Notre Dame Attackman Pat Kavanaugh scored a hat-trick, which included this incredible behind-the-back finish and this snipe through a screen, and notched 5 assists in the Fighting Irish’s 15-10 victory over Duke University.
- On the other side, Duke University Defenseman Wilson Stephenson recovered 5 ground balls and caused 3 turnovers in the loss.
- Georgetown University Attackman Jacob Kelly netted a hat-trick and assisted on 3 other goals in the Hoyas’ 13-11 win over Providence College. For his performance, Kelly earned Big East Conference Attack Player of the Week. Kelly’s teammate, Defenseman Will Bowen, recovered 1 ground ball and caused 2 turnovers in the win.
- University of Utah Attackman Ryan Stines scored 2 goals and recovered 2 ground balls in the Utes’ 26-16 victory over Robert Morris University.
- University of Albany Midfielders Peter Salit (#1 & #2) and Greydon Hogg (#1 & #2) scored 2 goals apiece in the Great Danes’ 20-16 loss to Bryant University. Salit also logged 2 assists. Their teammate, Attackman Silas Richmond, also scored a goal in the loss.
- Colgate University Midfielder Colin Ruppenstein scored a goal in the Red Raiders’ 10-9 loss to Army.
- University of Maryland Faceoff Specialist Luke Wierman recovered 11 ground balls and went 19 for 26 on faceoffs in the Terps’ 12-11 overtime victory over The Ohio State University.
- Penn State Midfielder Mark Sickler scored a goal, recovered 2 ground balls, and caused a turnover in the Nittany Lions’ 12-11 win over Johns Hopkins University.
- Lehigh University Defenseman Timmy Kirlin recovered 2 ground balls and caused 1 turnover in the Mountain Hawks’ 11-8 victory over Bucknell University.
- University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill Defenseman Matt Wright recorded 1 shot on goal and participated in the Tar Heels’ 19-12 loss to the University of Virginia.
NCAA Women’s Lacrosse:
- University of Maryland Midfielder Shaylan Ahearn scored 3 total goals, including this one-timer and this finish off the screen, and notched an assist in the Terps’ two games this week, a pair of victories against Johns Hopkins University and The Ohio State University. Ahearn’s teammate, Goalkeeper Emily Sterling made 12 total saves, including this five-hole stop off the free position, across the two games.
- Kent State University Midfielder Emily Bond scored 2 goals in the Golden Flashes’ 13-10 win over Robert Morris University.
- Princeton University Midfielder Ellie Mueller scored a goal and recorded an assist in the Tigers’ 19-4 win over Columbia University.
- Syracuse University Defender Katie Goodale recovered 1 ground ball and logged 4 draw controls in the Orange’s 19-10 win over Clemson University.
- Duke University Goalkeeper Madison Drebing made 4 saves in the Blue Devils’ 16-12 loss to the University of Virginia.
- Lafayette College Midfielder Kerry Tuorto scored a goal in the Leopards’ 11-10 loss to Holy Cross.
- Albany Firewolves Defenseman Leo Stouros recovered 4 ground balls and caused 1 turnover in the Firewolves’ 14-12 victory over the Rochester Knighthawks.
- San Jose Earthquakes Striker Jeremy Ebobisse started and played all 90 minutes in the Earthquakes’ 1-1 draw against the New York Red Bulls.
Want to be featured in an upcoming week? Send us a highlight or picture with your name and team via social DM or at firstname.lastname@example.org to be included in future reviews!