This week, athletes wearing the Q-Collar showed out across NCAA lacrosse and professional soccer. Check out the milestones and highlights below!
NCAA Men’s Lacrosse
- Georgetown attacker Jacob Kelly recorded 4 points this week in Georgetown’s 15-14 OT win against Marquette with 2 goals and 2 assists.
- Lehigh’s Timmy Kirlin had 2 ground balls and a TO in their 15-8 win over Colgate. Colgate’s Rory Connor had four goals, 2 ground balls, and a caused turnover in the loss. His teammates Conner Brook had 5 ground balls, Colin Ruppenstein had an assist, and Thomas Colucci recorded 3 shots on goal and 5 ground balls.
- University of Maryland FOGO Luke Wierman had 5 ground balls in Maryland’s 11-8 win over Rutgers. Ryan Decker, senior midfielder for Rutgers, recorded a ground ball and 2 caused turnovers in the senior day loss.
- Ohio State’s Connor Mitchell and Justin Sherrer had 1 shot and 1 ground ball respectively in the Buckeyes’ 17-8 loss to Johns Hopkins.
- Utah’s Ryan Stines had EIGHT points this weekend against Mercer with four goals and four assists, including this rocket. Stines’ teammate Josh Rose contributed with a goal, an assist, and a ground ball in the 22-12 win.
NCAA Women’s Lacrosse
- University of Maryland’s Shaylan Ahearn had an assist in the Terps’ 12-7 loss to Penn State. Ahearn’s teammate Goalie Emily Sterling had an incredible 8 saves, including this one, in the loss.
- San Jose Earthquakes striker Jeremy Ebobisse scored a brace in the Earthquakes dominant win over Sporting KC on Saturday. Ebobisse converted a PK in the 40th minute and followed it up with this beautiful one-timer in the 51st.
- Angel City defender Megan Reid started and played all 90 minutes of Angel City’s 2-2 tie to Racing Louisville.
- Portland Thorns midfielder Rocky Rodriguez celebrated her 100th International Cap this past week for the Costa Rican National Team.
- Defender Meghan Klingenberg played all 90 minutes for the Portland Thorns in their 1-1 draw to Houston Dash.
- Montgomery Biscuits (Tampa Bay Rays AA affiliate) catcher Logan Driscoll had a great week at the plate with 3 runs, 1 HR and 4 RBIs in four games.
Want to be featured in an upcoming Q-Collar Week in Review? Send us a highlight or picture with your name and team via social media DM or at email@example.com to be included in future reviews!