This week saw continued high-impact performances from athletes wearing the Q-Collar. Check out some of the highlights below:
NCAA Men’s Lacrosse:
- University of Albany Midfielder Greydon Hogg netted a hat-trick (#1, #2, #3) in the Great Danes’ 13-11 victory over Merrimack University. Hogg’s teammate, Attackman Silas Richmond, notched 2 assists, including this set-up in the slot in the win.
- University of Maryland Faceoff Specialist Luke Wierman recovered 8 ground balls and went 13 for 27 on faceoff attempts in the Terps’ 12-11 loss to Johns Hopkins University. During the game, Wierman became the 3rd-ever Maryland player to recover 300 career ground balls.
- University of Utah Attackman Ryan Stines scored a hat-trick, which included this five-hole finish, in addition to assisting on two other goals, in the Utes’ 19-12 win over Cleveland State University.
- Notre Dame Attackman Pat Kavanaugh scored a goal and notched 3 assists (#1, #2, #3) in the Fighting Irish’s 16-9 victory over the University of North Carolina. This week, Kavanaugh was named a Tewaaraton Award Nominee!
- Colgate University Midfielder Connor Brook scored his first goal of the season and recovered 3 ground balls in the Red Raiders’ 17-11 loss to Loyola University-Maryland. Brook’s teammate, Attackman Rory Connor, notched an assist in the loss.
- Georgetown University Defenseman Will Bowen recovered 4 total ground balls and caused 1 turnover in the Hoyas’ two games this week, a pair of wins over Loyola University-Maryland and St. John’s University. This week, Bowen was also named a Tewaaraton Award Nominee!
- Penn State University Midfielder Mark Sickler scored a goal in the Nittany Lions’ 14-5 win over Rutgers University.
NCAA Women’s Lacrosse:
- University of Maryland Midfielder Shaylan Ahearn scored 2 goals (#1, #2) and logged 5 draw controls in the Terps’ 13-6 loss to Northwestern University. Ahearn’s teammate, Goalkeeper Emily Sterling, made 13 saves, including this stick-save, in the loss.
- Syracuse University Defender Katie Goodale logged 7 draw controls in the Orange’s 17-17 loss to Boston College.
- Duke University Goalkeeper Madison Drebing made 3 saves in the Blue Devils’ 12-11 win over the University of Louisville.
- San Jose Earthquakes Striker Jeremy Ebobisse started and played all 90 minutes of the Earthquakes’ 3-1 loss to Real Salt Lake.
- Portland Thorns Defender Meghan Klingenberg started and played all 90 minutes of the Thorns’ 2-0 shutout victory over Racing Louisville. Klingenberg’s teammate, Midfielder Rocky Rodriguez, subbed into the match and contributed to the win.
- Angel City FC Defender Megan Reid subbed into Angel City’s 2-0 loss to the OL Reign.
- Montgomery Biscuits (Tampa Bay Rays AA Affiliate) Catcher Logan Driscoll recorded 5 hits, 1 homer, 2 runs batted in and scored 3 runs across four games.
Want to be featured in an upcoming week? Send us a highlight or picture with your name and team via social DM or at email@example.com to be included in future reviews!