This week was another week full of high-impact performances from athletes wearing the Q-Collar. Have a look at some of their highlights below:
NCAA Men’s Lacrosse:
- Notre Dame Attackman Pat Kavanaugh scored 2 goals, including this long-range snipe, and assisted on 3 other goals in the Fighting Irish’s 20-12 victory over Syracuse University. In the win, Kavanaugh notched his 111th career assist, breaking the Notre Dame career record.
- University of Utah Attackman Ryan Stines scored 5 goals, including this no look, behind-the-back finish and this bar-down snipe, and assisted on another goal in the Utes’ 18-15 victory over Jacksonville University.
- University of Albany Attackman Silas Richmond scored a hat-trick, which included this backhand finish, in the Great Danes’ 12-6 win over the University of Maryland-Baltimore County. Richmond’s teammate, Midfielder Peter Salit, scored 3 goals and assisted on 3 goals in the win.
- Colgate University Attackman Rory Connor scored 2 goals (#1 & #2) and notched an assist in the Red Raiders’ 14-10 loss to Harvard University. Connor’s teammate, Midfielder Colin Ruppenstein, scored a goal and assisted on another in the loss.
- Georgetown University Midfielder Jacob Kelly scored a goal and assisted on 2 other goals in the Hoyas’ 13-6 win over the University of Denver. Kelly’s teammate, Defenseman Will Bowen, recovered 3 ground balls and caused 5 turnovers in the win.
- University of Maryland Faceoff Specialist Luke Wierman recovered 7 ground balls and went 13 for 28 on faceoff attempts in the Terps’ 16-11 loss to the University of Michigan.
- Duke University Defenseman Wilson Stephenson recovered 4 ground balls and caused 1 turnover in the Blue Devils’ 16-14 win over the University of Virginia.
- Lehigh University Defenseman Timmy Kirlin recovered 4 ground balls and caused a turnover in the Mountain Hawks’ 12-10 loss to Army.
- Yale University Midfielder Christian Johnson recovered 2 ground balls and caused a turnover in the Bulldogs’ 17-16 loss to the University of Pennsylvania.
- Rutgers University Midfielder Ryan Decker recovered 3 ground balls in the Scarlet Knights’ 16-12 loss to Johns Hopkins University.
NCAA Women’s Lacrosse:
- University of Maryland Midfielder Shaylan Ahearn scored 2 total goals, including this one-timer, and notched 4 total assists in the Terps’ two games this week, a pair of wins against Princeton University and the University of Michigan. Ahearn’s teammate, Goalkeeper Emily Sterling, made 27 total saves, including this stop off of a free position, across the two games.
- Syracuse University Defender Katie Goodale scored a goal, recovered 2 total ground balls and notched 10 total draw controls in the Orange’s two games this week, a pair of victories against Cornell University and the University of Virginia.
- Princeton University Attacker Ellie Mueller scored a goal and notched 5 draw controls in the Tigers’ 15-11 loss to the University of Maryland.
- Kent State University Midfielder Emily Bond notched an assist in the Golden Flashes’ 6-5 victory over the University of Akron.
- Duke University Goalkeeper Madison Drebing made 6 saves in the Blue Devils’ 14-13 loss to Virginia Tech.
- Albany Firewolves Defenseman Leo Stouros registered 1 blocked shot in the Firewolves’ 12-8 loss to Panther City Lacrosse Club.
- San Jose Earthquakes Striker Jeremy Ebobisse started and played 86 minutes of the Earthquakes’ 2-1 victory over Houston Dynamo FC.
- Portland Thorns Defender Megan Klingenberg started and played 90 minutes in the Thorns’ 4-1 win over the Kansas City Current. Klingenberg’s teammate, Midfielder Rocky Rodriguez, subbed-in at the 78th minute and contributed to securing the win.
- Angel City FC Defender Megan Reid started and played the full match in Angel City’s 2-1 win over the Orlando Pride.
Want to be featured in an upcoming week? Send us a highlight or picture with your name and team via social DM or at email@example.com to be included in future reviews!