This week was yet another week full of exciting performances from athletes wearing the Q-Collar. Check out some of their highlights below:
Premier Lacrosse League:
- Waterdogs Attackman Michael Sowers netted a hat-trick (#1, #2, #3) and logged 2 assists in the Waterdogs’ 12-8 loss to the Cannons.
- On the opposition, Cannons Attackman Marcus Holman scored 2 goals (#1, #2) and notched assists on two other goals in the win.
- Redwoods Midfielder Jules Heningburg scored 2 goals, including this finish after dodging two defenders, in the Redwoods’ 14-12 loss to the Chaos. Heningburg’s teammate, Attackman Rob Pannell, logged 4 assists, including this set-up in front of the net, which moved him into 3rd all-time in career points!
- On the other side, Chaos Defenseman Jack Rowlett caused 2 turnovers in the win. Rowlett’s teammate, Defenseman Will Bowen, recovered 2 ground balls.
- Chrome Defenseman Jesse Bernhardt recovered 1 ground ball in the Chrome’s 12-5 loss to the Whipsnakes.
- Atlas Short Stick Defensive Midfielder Jake Richard recovered 2 ground balls in the Atlas’ 14-13 overtime loss to the Archers.
Athletes Unlimited Lacrosse League:
- Team Bosco Attacker Alex Aust-Holman scored 4 total goals and logged 2 total assists across the three games she competed in this week.
- Portland Thorns FC Defenders Megan Klingenberg and Emily Menges both started and contributed to the Thorns’ clean sheet in their 0-0 draw against the OL Reign. Klingenberg played all 90 minutes of the match.
- Angel City FC Defender Megan Reid started and played all 90 minutes of Angel City’s 1-1 draw against the San Diego Wave.
- Montgomery Biscuits (Tampa Bay Rays AA Affiliate) Catcher Logan Driscoll went 2 for 19 with a double and 2 runs batted in across the five games Driscoll appeared in, all against the Mississippi Braves (Atlanta Braves AA Affiliate).
Want to be featured in an upcoming week? Send us a highlight or picture with your name and team via social DM or at firstname.lastname@example.org to be included in future reviews!