This week was yet another exciting week for Q-Collar athletes, highlighted by Q-Collar’s first-ever athlete in the Super Bowl! Check out some of the action below:
National Football League:
- Philadelphia Eagles Running Back Boston Scott rushed for 8 yards on 3 attempts and caught one pass for 9 yards in the Eagles’ 38-35 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs in Super Bowl LVII.
NCAA Men’s Lacrosse:
- Ohio State University Midfielder Connor Mitchell scored a goal in the Buckeyes’ 19-12 victory over Cleveland State University. Mitchell’s teammates, Defenseman Justin Sherrer and Attackman Scott White were also Collared Up in the win.
- University of Albany Attackman Silas Richmond scored two goals, including this snipe, in the Great Danes’ 20-7 loss to Syracuse University.
- Georgetown University Defenseman Will Bowen recovered 2 ground balls in the Hoyas’ 13-12 loss to Johns Hopkins University.
- Duke University Defenseman Wilson Stephenson recovered 3 ground balls in the Blue Devils’ 13-12 loss to Jacksonville University.
NCAA Women’s Lacrosse:
- University of Maryland Midfielder Shannon Smith scored a goal and assisted on another in the Terrapins’ 15-5 victory over St. Joseph’s University.
- Syracuse University Defender Katie Goodale caused four turnovers in the Orange’s 16-15 victory over Northwestern University.
- UMASS-Amherst Defenseman Elliott McDermott was collared-up in the Minutemen’s 4-4 tie against the University of Vermont.
- Minot State University Forward Riley Ball scored two goals in the Beavers’ 8-2 victory over Lindenwood University.
Junior Hockey (USHL):
- Sioux Falls Stampede Forward Clint Levens was Collared Up in the Stampede’s two games, a pair of losses to the Lincoln Stars.
Q-Collar in the News:
- Researcher Katie Beasley was highlighted in an article honoring her contributions to Q30’s football feasibility study conducted with Cincinnati Children’s Hospital in conjunction with athletes from local high school football players. Katie’s work came full circle this year, as Philadelphia Eagles Running Back Boston Scott became the first-ever Q-Collar athlete to play in the super bowl. Click here to read the full article in the Northern Kentucky Tribune.
Want to be featured in an upcoming week? Send us a highlight or picture with your name and team via social DM or at firstname.lastname@example.org to be included in future reviews!