With the 2023 World Lacrosse Men’s Championship in the rearview, the PLL season resumed. Check out the highlights from athletes wearing the Q-Collar across sports, below:
- Cannons Attackman Marcus Holman netted a hat-trick, which included his 300th career goal, and logged an assist in the Cannon’s 19-12 victory over the Atlas. Holman now has 4th-most career goals in professional lacrosse history!
- For the opposition, Atlas SSDM Jake Richard caused a turnover in the loss.
- Redwoods Attackman Rob Pannell also netted a hat-trick, which included this bar-down snipe, and logged 4 assists, including this feed across the front of the net, in the Redwoods’ 13-8 victory over the Chaos. Pannell is now in the top-5 in professional lacrosse history in career points, goals and assists! Pannell’s teammate, Midfielder Jules Heningburg, scored a goal and logged 2 assists in the win.
- On the other side, Chaos Defenseman Will Bowen caused 2 turnovers and recovered 1 ground ball in the loss.
- Waterdogs Attackman Michael Sowers logged 4 assists, including this feed from behind the net, in their 10-7 victory over the Chrome.
- San Jose Earthquakes Striker Jeremy Ebobisse started and contributed to the Earthquakes’ offensive efforts in their 1-1 draw against LAFC.
- Portland Thorns FC Defenders Emily Menges and Meghan Klingenberg both started and contributed to the Thorns’ defensive efforts in their 2-1 loss to Gotham FC. Menges played all 90 minutes of the match.
- Angel City FC Defender Megan Reid started and played all 90 minutes of Angel City’s 2-1 victory over the North Carolina Courage.
- Montgomery Biscuits (Tampa Bay Rays AA Affiliate) Catcher Logan Driscoll went 4 for 16 with a double, a triple and 2 runs batted in across the 4 games he appeared in this week, a loss to the Pensacola Blue Wahoos (Miami Marlins AA Affiliate) as well as a win and two losses to the Mississippi Braves (Atlanta Braves AA Affiliate).
Q-Collar in the News:
- WSFA News 12 Alabama ran a feature interview with Montgomery Biscuits (Tampa Bay Rays AA Affiliate) Catcher Logan Driscoll where Driscoll discusses his injury history, and how he has decided to use the Q-Collar, amongst other equipment, to better protect himself on the field. The interview can be found here!
Want to be featured in an upcoming week? Send us a highlight or picture with your name and team via social DM or at email@example.com to be included in future reviews!