This week was another exciting week loaded with highlights from athletes wearing the Q-Collar. Check out some of the action below:
Premier Lacrosse League:
- Redwoods Attackman Rob Pannell scored his 300th career goal, and notched an assist in the Redwoods’ 16-10 loss to the Cannons. Pannell is the second athlete wearing the Q-Collar to reach the 300 goal mark this season, joining Marcus Holman. Pannell’s teammate, Midfielder Nakeie Montgomery, logged 2 assists.
- On the other side, Cannons Attackman Marcus Holman scored 4 goals, including this mid-air finish and this snipe from deep, and notched 3 assists in the win.
- Chaos Defenseman Will Bowen scored his first-career goal, caused 4 turnovers, and recovered 3 ground balls in the Chaos’ 17-16 loss to the Whipsnakes. Bowen’s teammate, Defenseman Jack Rowlett, caused 1 turnover.
- Waterdogs Attackman Michael Sowers scored 2 goals, including this finish off the one-timer, and assisted on 2 other goals in the Waterdogs’ 19-18 loss to the Archers.
- Chrome Defenseman Jesse Bernhardt notched an assist, caused 1 turnover, and recovered 4 ground balls in their 11-9 loss to the Atlas.
- On the other side, Atlas Short Stick Defensive Midfielder Jake Richard caused 1 turnover in the win.
Athletes Unlimited Lacrosse:
- Team Moreno Attacker Alex Aust-Holman scored a goal and logged 2 assists, including this feed off the draw, across the three games she played in.
- San Jose Earthquakes Striker Jeremy Ebobisse started and played most of the Earthquakes’ 1-0 loss to Tigres UANL (Liga MX) in their Leagues Cup matchup.
- Portland Thorns FC Defenders Megan Klingenberg and Emily Menges both started and contributed to the Thorns’ defensive efforts in their 2-1 loss to Angel City FC. Menges played all 90 minutes of the match.
- On the opposition, Angel City FC Defender Megan Reid started and played all 90 minutes of the win.
- Montgomery Biscuits (Tampa Bay Rays AA Affiliate) Catcher Logan Driscoll went 3 for 22 with a double, 5 runs batted in and 6 runs scored across the 5 games he appeared in, all against the Chattanooga Lookouts (Cincinnati Reds AA Affiliate).
Q-Collar in the News:
- In light of Team Canada Midfielder wearing the Q-Collar during the Pool Play round of the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup, Reuters published a profile on the Q-Collar. The article can be read here!
- The Daily Mail (UK) published a similar article that can be read here!
Want to be featured in an upcoming week? Send us a highlight or picture with your name and team via social DM or at firstname.lastname@example.org to be included in future reviews!