This week was another action-packed week for athletes wearing the Q-Collar. Check out some of their highlights below:
- Waterdogs LC Attackman Michael Sowers participated in the PLL x World Lacrosse Japan Exhibition Game and scored this acrobatic goal. Redwoods LC Attackman Jules Heningburg, was also Collared Up and scored this behind-the-back goal.
NCAA Men’s Lacrosse:
- Colgate University Attackman Rory Connor scored 7 goals, including these two one-timers ( #1 & #2) and this snipe from behind the cage, in the Red Raiders’ 17-8 victory over Navy. Connor’s teammate, Midfielder Colin Ruppenstein, scored 2 goals of his own in the win.
- Notre Dame Attackman Pat Kavanaugh scored 2 goals (#1 & #2) and notched 2 assists in the Fighting Irish’s 16-3 victory over Ohio State. With his first assist of the game, Kavanaugh became the 5th player in Notre Dame history to reach 100 career assists.
- On the opposition, Ohio State University Midfielder Connor Mitchell recovered 1 ground ball in the loss.
- University of Albany Attackman Silas Richmond scored three goals, Including this top-corner snipe and this backhand finish in the Great Danes’ two games this week, a pair of losses to UMASS-Amherst and the University of Maryland. Richmond’s teammate, Attackman Graydon Hogg, scored two goals, including this one-timer in their two games this week.
- University of Maryland Faceoff Specialist Luke Wierman recovered 9 ground balls, caused 1 turnover and went 13 for 28 on faceoffs in the Terrapins’ 16-9 victory over the University of Albany.
- Duke University Defenseman Wilson Stephenson recovered 3 ground balls and caused 1 turnover in the Blue Devils’ 17-9 win over Loyola University-Maryland. Earlier this week, Stephenson was named to the Tewaaraton Award Watchlist.
- Georgetown University Defenseman Will Bowen caused 2 turnovers in the Hoyas’ 13-12 victory over the University of Richmond.
- Providence College Midfielder Chad Cannon caused 1 turnover in the Friars’ 10-9 victory over Stony Brook University.
NCAA Women’s Lacrosse:
- University of Maryland Midfielder Shaylan Ahearn scored 3 goals, including this bottom corner finish and this snipe off of a free position, in the Terrapins’ 15-6 victory over Villanova University. Ahearn’s teammates, Midfielder Shannon Smith, scored a goal of her own, and Goalkeeper Emily Sterling made three saves in the win.
- Syracuse University Defender Katie Goodale recovered 2 ground balls and caused 3 turnovers in the Orange’s 15-7 win over Notre Dame.
- Duke University Goalkeeper Madison Drebing made 3 saves in the Blue Devils’ 11-10 loss to Clemson University.
- Kent State University Midfielder Emily Bond scored 2 goals in the Golden Flashes’ 19-9 loss to Saint Francis (PA) University.
- Tampa Bay Rays Catcher Logan Driscoll went 1 for 1 with 3 RBI’s, slugging a two-run double and an RBI sacrifice fly in the Rays’ 10-4 Grapefruit League victory over the New York Mets.
- San Jose Earthquakes Striker Jeremy Ebobisse played all 90 minutes of the Earthquake’s 1-0 victory over the Colorado Rapids.
- UMASS-Amherst Defenseman Elliott McDermott finished with a -3 goal differential in the Minutemen’s 5-2 loss to Boston College in the opening round of the Hockey East Conference Tournament.
- Sioux Falls Stampede Forward Clint Levens played in all three of the Stampede’s games, a pair of losses to the Waterloo Blackhawks and Fargo Force, and then a victory over the Sioux City Musketeers.
- University of Georgia Guard Audrey Warren and the Lady Bulldogs clinched the 10th Seed in the Seattle Regional of the 2023 Women’s NCAA Tournament. Tune into their first round matchup on Friday, March 17th against Florida State University.
Want to be featured in an upcoming week? Send us a highlight or picture with your name and team via social DM or at email@example.com to be included in future reviews!