This week was yet another exciting week for athletes wearing the Q-Collar. Check out some of their highlights below:
NCAA Men’s Lacrosse:
- Notre Dame Attackman Pat Kavanaugh scored 2 goals (#1 & #2) and assisted on 2 others, including this feed from behind the net, in the Fighting Irish’s 15-10 loss to the University of Virginia.
- Colgate University Attackman Rory Connor scored 4 goals, including this acrobatic finish and this long-range snipe, and assisted on 3 other goals in the Red Raiders’ 14-10 loss to Bucknell University.
- University of Utah Attackman Ryan Stines scored a hat-trick in the Utes’ 24-11 victory over Detroit Mercy University.
- Ohio State University Defenseman Justin Sherrer scored a goal in the Buckeye’s 11-7 victory over Rutgers University.
- University of Albany Attackman Silas Richmond scored 2 goals (#1 & #2), and assisted on 2 other goals, in the Great Danes’ 14-7 loss to the University of Vermont. Richmond’s teammate, Attackman Graydon Hogg, scored 2 goals of his own (#1 & #2) and assisted on another.
- Marquette University Midfielder Will Foster notched 2 assists in the Golden Eagles’ 9-5 victory over Saint Bonaventure University.
- University of Maryland Faceoff Specialist Luke Wierman recovered 9 ground balls and went 19 for 27 on faceoffs in the Terrapins’ 13-10 victory over Penn State University.
- Georgetown University Defenseman Will Bowen notched 1 assist and caused 1 turnover in the Hoyas’ 17-15 victory over Lehigh University.
- Duke University Defenseman Wilson Stephenson recovered 6 ground balls and caused 3 turnovers in the Blue Devils’ 12-9 victory over Saint Joseph’s University.
NCAA Women’s Lacrosse:
- University of Maryland Midfielder Shaylan Ahearn scored 2 goals, including this back-door finish, and logged 13 draw controls, in the Terrapins’ 16-12 victory over the University of Pennsylvania. Ahearn’s teammate, Goalkeeper Emily Sterling, made 11 saves, including this five-hole stick save, in the win.
- Princeton University Attacker Ellie Mueller scored a goal and logged 2 draw controls in the Tigers’ 15-11 win over Cornell University.
- Syracuse University Defender Katie Goodale logged 7 draw controls, 3 recovered ground balls and 1 caused turnover across the Orange’s two games, a pair of victories over Stony Brook University and the University of Louisville.
- Longwood University Goalkeeper Isabelle McCullough made 7 saves in the Lancers’ 14-7 loss to the College of William & Mary.
- Saint Bonaventure University Midfielder Caroline Yoder recovered 2 ground balls across the Bonnies’ two games this week, a win over Duquesne University and a loss to UMASS-Amherst.
- San Jose Earthquakes Striker Jeremy Ebobisse played all 90 minutes of the team’s 0-0 draw with Toronto FC.
- Portland Thorns FC Defender Meghan Klingenberg played all 90 mins of the Thorns’ 4-0 victory over the Orlando Pride. Klingenberg’s teammate, Midfielder Rocky Rodriguez, subbed-in to contribute to the winning effort.
- Angel City FC Defender Megan Reid played all 90 minutes of the 2-1 loss to Gotham FC.
- Sioux Falls Stampede Forward Clint Levins scored 3 total goals, including this finish off the screen and assisted on two others, including this feed from behind the net, in the Stampede’s two games this week, a pair of wins over the Omaha Lancers and Des Moines Buccaneers.
Want to be featured in an upcoming week? Send us a highlight or picture with your name and team via social DM or at firstname.lastname@example.org to be included in future reviews!