There were some timely goals from athletes wearing the Q-Collar this week. Check out some of the highlights below:
NCAA Men’s Lacrosse:
- Notre Dame Attackman Pat Kavanaugh scored a walk-off game-winning goal to propel the Fighting Irish to a 13-12 triple overtime victory over the University of Maryland. He also notched 2 assists, including this behind-the-back feed, in the win. For his efforts, he and his brother Chris were named The Lacrosse Network's Players of the Week!
- Across the field, Maryland Faceoff Specialist Luke Wierman recovered 8 ground balls, forced 1 turnover, and went 20 for 31 on faceoffs in the loss.
- University of Utah Attackman Ryan Stines scored 4 goals, including this top-corner snipe, in the Utes’ 18-14 loss to Rutgers University.
- Colgate University Attackman Rory Connor scored 2 goals, including this bottom-corner conversion, in the Red Raiders’ 14-8 loss to Boston University. Connor’s teammates, Midfielders Colin Ruppenstein and Connor Brook and Faceoff Specialist Thomas Colucci all saw action in the loss.
- Georgetown University Defenseman Will Bowen recovered 2 ground balls and caused 2 turnovers in the Hoyas’ 13-10 win over Princeton University. Bowen’s teammate, Attackman Jacob Kelly, scored a goal in the win.
- Penn State University Midfielder Mark Sicker recovered 1 ground ball in the Nittany Lions’ 15-9 victory over the University of Pennsylvania. University of Pennsylvania Defenseman Tyler Kuehl recovered 2 ground balls.
- Duke University Defenseman Wilson Stephenson recovered a ground ball and caused a turnover in the Blue Devils’ 14-13 overtime victory over Syracuse University.
NCAA Women’s Lacrosse:
- University of Maryland Goalie Emily Sterling made 8 saves, including this five-hole stop, in the Terps’ 8-7 loss to the University of Denver. Sterling’s teammate, Midfielder Jordyn Lipkin, recovered a ground ball in the loss.
- Syracuse University Defender Katie Goodale recovered 3 total ground balls in the Orange’s two games this week, a pair of wins against University of Albany and Virginia Tech.
- Longwood University Goalie Isabella McCollugh made 9 saves in the Lancers’ 21-3 loss to Clemson University.
- Duke University Goalie Madison Drebing made 3 saves in the Blue Devils’ 14-6 loss to Notre Dame.
- San Jose Earthquakes Striker Jeremy Ebobisse scored on this top-corner header in the Earthquakes’ 2-1 victory over Vancouver Whitecaps Ebobisse was named to the MLS Team of the Match Week for Week #2!
- University of Georgia Guard Audrey Warren scored 15 total points, including this jumper, in the Lady Bulldogs’ two SEC Tournament games, a victory over Auburn University and a loss to Louisiana State University.
- Mississippi State University Forward Ramani Parker scored 5 points in the Bulldogs’ lone SEC Tournament game, a loss to Texas A&M University.
- UMASS-Amherst Defenseman Elliot McDermott was +2 on goal differential in the Minutemen’s two games, a pair of wins against the University of Maine.
- Sioux Falls Stampede Forward Clint Levens notched a goal in the Stampede’s 7-1 loss to the Tri-City Storm.
Want to be featured in an upcoming week? Send us a highlight or picture with your name and team via social DM or at email@example.com to be included in future reviews!