We saw a number of exciting performances from athletes wearing the Q-Collar last week. Check out some of the highlights below:
NCAA Men’s Lacrosse:
- Notre Dame Attackman Pat Kavanaugh scored a goal and assisted on two other goals (#1, #2) in the Fighting Irish’s 12-8 loss to the University of Virginia. With his first assist of the game, Kavanaugh became the 3rd-ever Notre Dame Lacrosse player with 200 points!
- University of Albany Attackman Silas Richmond scored 5 total goals and notched 2 total assists in the Great Danes’ two games this week, a pair of losses to The University of Pennsylvania and Binghamton.
- Colgate University Attackman Rory Conner netted a hat-trick, which included this diving, behind-the-back finish, in the Red Raiders’ 22-9 win over The College of Holy Cross.
- University of Maryland Attackman Luke Wierman went 20 for 27 on faceoffs in the Terps’ 14-11 victory over Rutgers University in the First Round of the Big Ten Tournament.
- Georgetown University Defenseman Will Bowen recovered 1 ground ball and caused 3 turnovers in the Hoyas’ 12-8 victory over Villanova University.
- University of Utah Attackman Ryan Stines recovered 2 ground balls and caused 2 turnovers in the Utes’ 18-6 victory over Queens University.
NCAA Women’s Lacrosse:
- University of Maryland Midfielder Shaylan Ahearn scored a goal, assisted on another, and logged 8 draw controls in the Terps’ 11-7 win over The Ohio State University in the First Round of the Big Ten Tournament. Ahearn’s teammate, Goalkeeper Emily Sterling, made 10 saves, including this stop from point-blank, in the win. Both Ahearn and Sterling were named First Team All-Big 10 Conference this week!
- Syracuse University Defender Katie Goodale notched a draw control and caused a turnover in the Orange’s two matchups in the ACC Tournament, a win over Virginia Tech and a loss to the University of North Carolina.
- Duke University Goalkeeper Madison Drebing went 1-1 and made 5 total saves in the Blue Devils’ two ACC Tournament matchups this week, a victory against The University of Louisville, and a loss to Boston College.
- Kent State University Midfielder Emily Bond recorded an assist and a draw control in the Golden Flashes’ 18-16 victory over Youngstown State University.
- San Jose Earthquakes Striker Jeremy Ebobisse scored a goal and played all 90 minutes of the Earthquakes’ 2-2 draw against Austin FC.
- Portland Thorns Defender Meghan Klingenberg and Midfielder Rocky Rodriguez both started and contributed to the Thorns’ effort in their 2-2 draw against Angel City FC.
- Montgomery Biscuits Catcher Logan Driscoll went 6 for 15 with a double, a triple and 1 RBI in the 4 games he appeared in this week.
Want to be featured in an upcoming week? Send us a highlight or picture with your name and team via social DM or at firstname.lastname@example.org to be included in future reviews!