This week was full of exciting performances, as athletes wearing the Q-Collar shined in the biggest moments of the Men’s and Women’s NCAA Lacrosse Tournaments. Check out some of their highlights below:
NCAA Men’s Lacrosse:
- Notre Dame Attackman Pat Kavanagh logged 1 acrobatic assist, as well as this incredible caused turnover, in the Fighting Irish’s 12-9 victory over Johns Hopkins University to punch their ticket to the Final Four. This past week, Kavanaugh was named a First-Team All-American by Inside Lacrosse.
- Georgetown University Defenseman Will Bowen recovered 6 ground balls in the Hoyas’ 17-14 loss to the University of Virginia. This past week, Bowen was also named a Second-Team All American by Inside Lacrosse. Bowen’s teammate, Midfielder Will Godine, recovered 3 ground balls in the loss.
- Penn State University Midfielder Mark Sickler scored a goal in the Nittany Lions’ 10-9 victory over Army to clinch a Final Four berth!
- Duke University Defenseman Wilson Stephenson recovered 3 ground balls in the Blue Devils’ 15-8 victory over the University of Michigan to punch their ticket into the Final Four. This past week, Stephenson was named an Honorable Mention All-American by Inside Lacrosse.
NCAA Women’s Lacrosse:
- Syracuse University Defender Katie Goodale recovered 3 ground balls, caused 1 turnover, and logged 3 draw controls in the Orange’s 13-7 victory over James Madison University to clinch a spot in the Final Four of the NCAA Women’s Lacrosse Tournament.
- San Jose Earthquakes Striker Jeremy Ebobisse started and played 83 minutes of the Earthquakes’ 2-1 loss to LAFC.
- Portland Thorns Defenders Meghan Klingenberg and Emily Menges both started and played all 90 minutes, propelling the team to a 4-0 shutout victory over the Chicago Red Stars.
- Montgomery Biscuits (Tampa Bay Rays AA Affiliate) Catcher Logan Driscoll went 5 for 20 with a double and 3 runs scored in the 5 games he appeared in this week, all against the Mississippi Braves (Atlanta Braves AA Affiliate).
Q-Collar in the News:
- Q30 NFL Athlete Partner and Kansas City Chiefs Linebacker Drue Tranquill was featured on the Ross Tucker Football Podcast. On the show, Drue discussed his departure from the Los Angeles Chargers, his Torn ACL he sustained earlier in his career, his thoughts on the upcoming season, as well as why he has been wearing the Q-Collar! The podcast episode is available on YouTube, Spotify & Apple Music.
Want to be featured in an upcoming week? Send us a highlight or picture with your name and team via social DM or at firstname.lastname@example.org to be included in future reviews!