This week, Q-Collar athletes continued to excel to new heights in competition! Check out some of their highlights below:
National Football League:
- Dallas Cowboys Running Back Tony Pollard rushed for 80 yards on 15 attempts and caught 6 passes for 109 yards and 2 touchdowns (touchdown #1 & touchdown #2) in the Cowboys 40-3 victory over the Minnesota Vikings. Pollard’s teammate, Tight End Dalton Schultz, caught 3 passes for 22 yards.
- Los Angeles Chargers Wide Receiver Joshua Palmer caught 8 passes for 106 yards and 2 touchdowns (touchdown #1 & touchdown #2) in the Chargers’ 30-27 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs. Palmer’s teammates, Linebackers Drue Tranquill and Derrek Tuszka, registered a team-high 7 tackles and 3 tackles, respectively.
- Atlanta Falcons Safety Jaylinn Hawkins recorded 3 tackles and a game-sealing interception in the Falcons’ 27-24 victory over the Chicago Bears.
- Green Bay Packers Safety Adrian Amos logged 10 tackles in the Packers’ 27-17 loss to the Tennessee Titans.
- Philadelphia Eagles Running Back Boston Scott rushed 3 times for 8 yards In the Eagles’ 17-16 victory over the Indianapolis Colts.
- Los Angeles Rams Safety Taylor Rapp logged 5 tackles in the Rams’ 27-20 loss to the New Orleans Saints.
- Carolina Panthers Linebacker Shaq Thompson made 6 tackles in the Panthers’ 13-3 loss to the Baltimore Ravens.
- Washington Commanders Defensive End Casey Toohill logged 3 tackles, including 2 tackles-for-loss, in the Commanders’ 23-10 win over the Houston Texans.
- Tulane Quarterback Michael Pratt completed 9 passes on 14 attempts for 142 yards and 3 touchdowns, including these two (touchdown #1 & touchdown #2) and rushed for 70 yards on 10 attempts for 3 touchdowns, including these two (touchdown #1 & touchdown #2), in the 59-24 victory over Southern Methodist University.
- On the other side, SMU Running Back Tyler Lavine rushed for 82 yards on 18 carries and caught 7 passes for 62 yards in the loss. Lavine’s teammate, Defensive End Je’Lin Samuels, logged 3 tackles and a half-sack.
- University of South Carolina Wide Receiver DK Joyner rushed 21 yards on 6 carries for 2 touchdowns (touchdown #1 & touchdown #2) in the Gamecocks’ 63-38 upset victory over the University of Tennessee. Joyner’s teammate, Wide Receiver Xavier Legette, caught 1 pass for 7 yards.
- University of Nevada-Las Vegas Quarterback Doug Brumfield completed 23 passes on 37 attempts for 288 yards and this this Q-Collar to Q-Collar touchdown connection to Jeff Weimer in the Rebels’ 31-25 loss to the University of Hawaii. Brumfield’s teammates, Running Back Adrian Robbins and Wide Receiver Jeff Weimer, rushed for 72 yards on 17 carries and caught 5 passes for 54 yards, including the touchdown above, respectively in the loss. On the defensive side, Linebacker Austin Ajiake made a team-high 15 tackles, including 2 tackles-for-loss and recovered 2 fumbles.
- University of Texas Linebacker DeMarvion Overshown made 4 tackles in the Longhorns’ 55-14 victory over the University of Kansas.
- Baylor University Linebacker Dillion Doyle made 7 tackles in the Bears’ 29-28 loss to Texas Christian University. Doyle contributed on the offensive side of the ball as well, catching 1 pass for 3 yards and rushing once for 2 yards. Tight End Ben Sims caught one pass for 4 yards in the loss.
- Boston College Linebacker Vinny DePalma made a team-high 12 tackles in the Eagles’ 44-0 loss to Notre Dame.
- University of Georgia Guard Audrey Warren scored 15 total in the Bulldogs’ victories over Kennesaw State University and Georgia Tech. Warren made a number of key plays, including this steal and this drive to the hoop in the wins.
- University of Maryland Midfielder Malcolm Johnston had an assist in the Terps’ 5-2 win over Fairleigh Dickinson University in the First Round of the NCAA Tournament. Unfortunately, the Terps’ season came to a close yesterday, losing 2-1 to Cornell University in the Second Round of the NCAA Tournament.
- University of Massachusetts-Amherst Defenseman Elliott McDermott had an assist in the Minutemen’s 4-2 victory over the University of New Hampshire.
Q-Collar in the News:
- SportTechie sat down with former USWNT player and current National Women's Soccer League champion Meghan Klingenberg to understand why Meghan began wearing the Q-Collar and why she thinks it’s critical for soccer players at all levels to take action to help protect their brains. The article can be found here!
Want to be featured in an upcoming week? Send us a highlight or picture with your name and team via social DM or at firstname.lastname@example.org to be included in future reviews!